1. I can do this. I can do anything. If I can survive 10 weeks without Jake, I can do anything.
2. Even though I’m an introvert, I still need people. Who knew?? I LOVE alone time. And now, here I am, faced with a lot more alone time than usual, and I’m begging my social media contacts to visit me. Pigs flew yesterday.
3. I am not a touchy-feely person. Until now. If you come into my space, and I know you even a little bit, I will cry all over you. I really hope this goes away. But for the foreseeable future, I will probably hug you and cry on you if I see you. You’ve been warned.
4. I’m scared of the dark. Sorry, electric bill, I have to have the lamps on at night.
5. It IS possible for me to lose my appetite. I did not know this was a thing. I thought it was a figure of speech. If you know me, you know I eat everything in sight, partly because for the last 33 months, I’ve been either pregnant, nursing, or both. I eat constantly. But I couldn’t eat Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or Thursday. Fortunately, my appetite has returned a bit.
6. I would not make it through this life without Jesus Christ, the book of Psalms, and the body of Christ (the church).
7. It’s okay to cry.
8. It’s okay to not be okay.
9. It’s okay to ask for help.
10. It’s okay to not feel guilty or weird or pathetic for asking for help.
11. It’s okay to separate yourself from people who disagree with 7 through 10.
12. If you are vain, God will take care of that for you. I did not realize that vanity would be something that God would tackle during this time, but he is surely pruning those branches right now. I had no idea I could not care how my hair/makeup/outfit/etc. looks. But here I am, not caring! Y’all should see my hair. Actually, no, you shouldn’t.
13. Music is phenomenal therapy. Christmas music in particular.
14. I am capable of letting a mess sit there for awhile, to give me extra time with my babies.
15. Making a playlist of songs that remind you of your husband is a great idea. Listening to the playlist right after he leaves is a bad idea.
16. I am unbelievably blessed to be surrounded by such a great support system.
17. I am unbelievably blessed to have a husband who is worth missing this much.